Grandmama and Grandpapa got here this afternoon. I would have pictures but Katie's camera is broken. Don't know what's wrong.
Nathan has a soccer game this evening. He went with some friends to the game so we wouldn't have to drag Grandmama and Grandpapa out there after their trip here.
Mama, Katie, Grandmother, Aunt Betty and I went to a Mother-Daughter Dinner Saturday Evening. It was very good. They had a section in the program on What I Owe My Mother.
1. My mother taught me to Appreciate a Job Well Done.
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning!"
2. My mother taught me Religion.
"You better pray that comes out of the carpet!"
3. My mother taught me Logic.
"Because I said so, that's why!"
4. My mother taught me More Logic.
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me!"
5. My mother taught me Foresight.
"Make sure you have clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
6. My mother taught me Irony.
" Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about!"
7. My mother taught me the science of Osmosis.
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper!"
8. My mother taught me about Contortionism.
"Just look at the dirt on the back of your neck!"
9. My mother taught me about weather.
"This room looks like a tornado went through it!"
10. My mother taught me about Behavior Modification.
"Stop acting like your father!"
11. My mother taught me about Envy.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in the world who don't have wonderful parents like you!"
12. My mother taught me about Anticipation.
"You just wait until we get home!"
13. My mother taught me about Recieving.
"You're going to get it when you get home!"
14. My mother taught me about Medical Science.
" Stop crossing your eyes, they're going to freeze that way!"
15. My mother taught me about Humor.
"When that lawnmower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me!"
16. My mother taught about my Roots.
"Shut the door! Were you born in a barn?"
17. My mother taught me about Wisdom.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
18. My favorite: My mother taught me about Justice.
" One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out to be just like you!"